The 6th April 2011 – POPULIS REPORTS RECORD REVENUES AND AUDIENCE FIGURES FOR 2010 CONFIRMING ITS POSITION AS EUROPEAN LEADER IN CONTENT ON DEMAND
• Media brand audience growth to over 26 million unique monthly visitors fuelled record revenues of 58M Euros
• Increase of quality content production to 35,000 articles and videos per month positions Populis as the number one content on demand player in Europe
• Sustained profitability since company launch has resulted in a cash-rich European media group, expanding into new markets including South America and continuing strategic acquisitions through 2011
Dublin, 6th April 2011: Populis, European leader in the production of multilingual content on demand, has today reported record 2010 revenues of 58 Million Euros alongside its largest ever audience figures of over 26 million unique monthly visitors (Source: Comscore January 2011).
More than tripling multilingual content production in the last 2 years across its high profile media brands which include Excite Europe, Better Deals, Nanopublishing, Blogosfere and Blogo, the company today produces over 35,000 articles and videos each month across 550 fully owned and operated websites in 8 languages.
The Company’s results prove that applying a disruptive business model, such as producing content on demand at scale, can be applied to premium media properties to produce profitable and highly successful online media verticals.
A truly unique player in the multilingual content on demand space in Europe, Populis has now produced an impressive 1 million articles and videos, and every month tracks on average over 16 million keywords with its scientific approach to media production.
Investments in social integration are contributing to the growing audience and an innovative social media strategy is greatly increasing natural content distribution with a high level of user engagement on platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
‘In a year that’s already seen an IPO in the US from Demand Media and a high profile acquisition by AOL of the Huffington Post, Populis is positioning itself as the key content on demand player in a consolidating European and South American market, starting the year with the acquisition of Blogo,’ said Luca Ascani, Co Founder and Chairman of Populis. ‘The Populis model is a scientific approach to content production with a winning combination of content on demand and premium web properties. The company is now ready to scale in new markets and 2011 will be another exciting year of growth for us with more strategic acquisitions and increased organic growth.’
With series of strategic acquisitions completed during the year, including European blog networks and high profile domains, Populis is championing the content on demand sector in Europe and has firmly established its place internationally as leader in multilingual content production.
Profitable since day one, the now 125-strong international team has seen company revenues growing phenomenally year on year for the last 5 years and the cash-rich Group is continuing its acquisition strategy throughout 2011 starting the year by adding one of Europe and South America’s largest blog networks, Blogo, to its portfolio.
2010 Business Highlights:
• During the year, the Company continued to attract an increasingly large audience across its media brands, now reporting 26.1M unique monthly users (Source: Comscore January 2011)
• Populis has produced over 1 million items of content across its network.
• A successful rebrand from GoAdv was implemented, significantly raising the profile of the Group internationally.
• The Company opened new Dublin Headquarters, providing a strategic base for future expansion.
Populis is one of Europe’s fastest growing digital media companies (GP Bullhound Media Momentum 2010) and European leader in the production of multilingual content on demand. Created in 2004 the Group crowdsources, distributes and monetizes over 35,000 items of compelling content in 8 languages per month for a vibrant network of 550 fully owned and operated websites including Excite Europe, Better Deals and Nanopublishing. The media properties generate over 26.1 million unique monthly users (Source: Comscore January 2011).
Populis is a pan-European company with a team of over 125 working across offices in Ireland and Italy, active in the UK, Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, US, Australia, Russia and Brazil. www.populis.com